- Maximum operating temperatures 1200°C and 1400°C
- Carbolite Gero 301 controller, with single ramp to set-point & process timer
- Over temperature control
The Carbolite CFM Combustion Tube Furnaces has been specifically designed for determining the quantity of carbon, hydrogen and sulphur in the analysis sample of coal and coke using test methods.
The CFM is available with maximum operating temperatures up to 1200°C (CFM12) and 1400°C (CFM14) and is also ideal for a wide range of laboratory tube furnace applications.
The CMF 14/AUX models include an auxiliary heater for carbon and hydrogen tests in line with international standards BS 1016-6 & 7:1977 - "Methods for analysis and testing of coal and coke. Ultimate analysis of coal". The AUX models are used to heat a silver gauze roll for the retention of oxides of sulphur.
Standards to test for Carbon, Hydrogen & Sulphur
- BS 1016-6 & 7:1977 Methods for analysis and testing of coal and coke. Ultimate analysis of coal;
- ISO 609:1996 Solid mineral fuels - Determination of carbon and hydrogen.
Standards to test for Sulphur
- ASTM D4239 Standard Test Methods for Total Sulphur in the Analysis Sample of Coal and Coke Using High temperature tube furnace combustion
- BS1016-106.4.2:1996 ISO 351:1996 Solid mineral fuels - Determination of total sulphur - High Temperature combustion method
- For the determination of sulphur, chlorine, hydrogen and carbon in coal and coke
- AUX models use an auxiliary heater to heat the silver gauze portion of the tube
Options (specify these at time of order)
- IAP tubes with 25 mm inner diameter, 32 mm outer diameter and 750 mm length