With the adjustable stand option, the Carbolite HTRH-GR Graphite Tube Furnaces can be used at various angles, ranging from horizontal to vertical.
This range of cold wall tube furnaces is heated by graphite elements and insulated by graphite felt. At higher temperatures above 400 to 600 °C graphite is air sensitive and needs to be kept under either an inert gas or vacuum atmosphere. To maintain an oxygen free environment, the tube furnace is contained within in a water-cooled vacuum tight vessel sealed with rubber O-rings, which needs to be evacuated and purged with inert gas prior to heating.
The thermal conductivity of graphite felt insulation is very low making it an excellent material for furnace insulation. The thickness and quality of the insulation materials are specifically chosen depending on the maximum operating temperature of the tube furnace.
- Semi-automatic control with Siemens KP 300 panel
- Eurotherm 3508P1 programmer
- Pyrometer for temperature measurement
- Automatic gas valves with manual flowmeter for one inert gas
- Single stage rotary vane pump
- Water cooled vessel (cooling water provided by customer)
- Over-temperature protection
- Leakage rate (clean, cold, dry and empty) < 5 x 10-3 mbar l/s
- Closed flanges during heat treatment mandatory
Options (specify these at time of order)
- Full automated control by Siemens PLC S7-300
- Control panel TP1900 or WinCC for PLC
- Further inert gas controls (manual or automated)
- Double stage rotary and turbo pumps
- Adjustable angle stand
- Sliding thermocouple for accurate temperature control under 1500 °C
- Reference pyrometer (only with PLC)
- Water cooling chiller (if cooling water is not available)
- Special flanges with inert gas counter flow for open operation during heat treatment