Carbolite HTRH & HTRH-3 High Temperature Horizontal Tube Furnaces
The Carbolite HTRH & HTRH-3 High Temperature Horizontal Tube Furnaces can be used horizontally up to 1800 °C.
The high-grade insulation materials guarantee low energy consumption and high heating rates due to their low thermal conductivity. The insulation and molybdenum disilicide (MoSi2) heating elements are installed in the rectangular housing. The heating elements are vertically hanging and can be replaced easily. At higher temperatures and in the presence of oxygen, MoSi2 develops an oxide (SiO2) layer, which protects the heating elements against further thermal or chemical corrosion.
Three-zone tube furnaces (HTRH-3) can achieve better temperature uniformity than single-zone versions. In these models each zone is equipped with a dedicated thermocouple and controller, which is especially useful to preheat gases required for reactions inside the system.
The HTRH tube furnaces do not include an integral work tube. The work tube must be selected as an additional item. The work tube length is dependent on the application and will vary if used with or without modified atmosphere or vacuum.
- Over-temperature protection
- Accepts work tubes with outer diameters up to 100 mm for use with modified atmosphere
- Accepts work tubes with outer diameters up to 200 mm for use in air
- Heated lengths of 100, 250, 300 or 600 mm
- Low thermal mass ceramic fibre insulation
- Vertically hanging, high quality MoSi2 heating elements
- Rectangular housing with holes for convection cooling
- Available with 1 - 3 heating zones
- Furnace comes with separate control box with 3 m cable, plug and socket
Options (specify these at time of order)
- A range of sophisticated digital controllers, multi-segment programmers and data loggers is available. These can be fitted with RS232, RS485 or Ethernet communications
- A range of additional work tubes is available in a variety of materials
- Insulation plugs & radiation shields are strongly recommended for high temperature vertical tube furnaces to prevent heat loss & improve uniformity
- Modified atmosphere and vacuum assemblies are available
- Vacuum packages with a choice of rotary vane pump or turbomolecular pump are available for furnaces with tube inner diameters of 60 mm and above
- Oxygen sensor for inert gas packages