- 1800 °C maximum operating temperature
- Programmable 3216P1 controller
- 3-zone models fitted with 1 x programmable 3216P1 and 2 x 3216CC end zone controllers, with retransmission of setpoint
The Carbolite HTRV High Temperature Vertical Tube Furnaces are designed for vertical orientation and operation up to 1800 °C.
The high grade insulation material consisting of fibre plates provides low energy consumption and high heating rates due to its low thermal conductivity. The insulation and the molybdenum disilicide (MoSi2) heating elements are installed in a rectangular housing. The heating elements hang vertically and can be easily replaced. At higher temperatures and in the presence of oxygen, MoSi2 develops an oxide layer which protects the heating elements against further thermal or chemical corrosion.
With its wide range of accessories, the comprehensive HTRV tube furnace range provides complete system solutions for ambitious thermal treatment at high temperatures.
Furnaces are supplied without a stand, allowing customers to build them into their own equipment. Optional "L" stands are available allowing the furnaces to be self supporting.
- Over-temperature protection
- Optimised for vertical usage
- Accepts work tubes with outer diameters up to 100 mm for use with modified atmosphere
- Accepts work tubes with outer diameters up to 200 mm for use in air
- Heated lengths of 100, 250 or 500 mm
- High grade type B thermocouple
- Low thermal mass ceramic fibre insulation
- Vertically hanging, high quality MoSi2 heating elements
- Rectangular housing with holes for convection cooling
- Furnace comes with separate control box with 3 m cable, plug and socket
Options (specify these at time of order)
- A range of sophisticated digital controllers, multi-segment programmers and data loggers is available. These can be fitted with RS232, RS485 or Ethernet communications
- A range of additional work tubes is available in a variety of materials
- Insulation plugs & radiation shields are strongly recommended for high temperature vertical tube furnaces to prevent heat loss & improve uniformity
- Modified atmosphere and vacuum assemblies are available
- Vacuum packages with a choice of rotary vane pump or turbomolecular pump are available for furnaces with tube inner diameters of 60 mm and above
- 'L' stand for convenient usage
- Oxygen sensor for inert gas packages