- Cole Parmer Thermometer, 0 to 360°C
The Cole Parmer Thermometer 0 to 360°C is designed for the Stuart SMP11 Analogue Melting Point Apparatus by Cole Parmer has a maximum temperature of 250°C. Three samples can be tested simultaneously for increased productivity. Instructions for operation are detailed on the front of the instrument. Place your sample capillary tube into the aluminium block, set the heating rate using the analogue control knob between 1°C and 20°C. Lower the heating rate as the melting point is approached between 1-10°C, which will give better accuracy within 1°C of the melt temperature.Integral LED illumination and magnifying lens make viewing easy
- No complicated programming—place sample in capillary tube, set heating rate, and watch for melt Monitor sample through magnifying lens and read temperature on included spiritfilled thermometer See sample more easily with integrated LED lamp
- Supplied with a blue-spirit-filled thermometer for mercury-free temperature measurements
Take melting point measurements of up to three samples at once for greater efficiency. Simple to operate, the instructions are printed directly on the unit. Place your sample in a capillary tube and insert it into the aluminum block. Manually set the heating rate between 1°C and 20°C per minute, up to a maximum of 250°C. Lowering the heating rate as you near the expected melting point temperature will increase the accuracy of the reading. Observe the sample through the magnifying lens until the melt occurs and read the melt temperature from the thermometer.
Apparatus is supplied with open-ended capillary tubes. One end should be sealed with a Bunsen burner; or purchase optional capillary tubes separately that are already sealed. Order the optional brass cooling plug to speed up cooling when multiple runs are needed.
- Supplied with a safe, spirit filled mercury free thermometer.
- Easy to follow instructions are printed directly on to the apparatus and are available in most European languages.
- Manually adjustable heating rate.
- Rapidly heats samples up to 20°C per minute to the melt temperature and up to the maximum temperature of 250°C.
- Accurate readings to within 1°C of the melt temperature can be achieved by using a slower heating rate of between 1 and 10°C per minute.
- Up to three samples can be viewed and tested at any one time.
- Samples are illuminated by a bright white LED and viewed via a magnifying lens.
- The magnifying lens can be detached for cleaning using the simple to follow instructions printed on to the instrument.
- Includes a pack of 100 melting point tubes.
|SMP11||Melting point Apparatus, complete with thermometer and pack of 100 melting point tubes (open both ends)|
|SMP11/1||Spare thermometer, spirit filled, 50°C to 250°C|
|SMP1/1||Spare thermometer, 0°C to 360°C|
|SMP1/2||Cooling plug (brass) for rapidly reducing heating block temperature after use|
|SMP1/4||Glass melting point tubes, open at both ends, pack of 100|
|SMP2/1||Glass melting point tubes, closed at both ends, pack of 100|
Note: This product currently has a lead time of 2-3 days.